How to Do a Honeywell Thermostat Reset
Over time, many hands and fingers will likely be setting and adjusting your Honeywell thermostat, and a time will come when you’ll need to perform a reset to revert it back to factory or default settings. To help you skip the headache, we’ve put together this resource to teach you how to do a Honeywell thermostat reset for some of the most popular models.
Maybe someone in the family forgot to switch your thermostat off, ramped up the HVAC system, or regularly shifted from high to low temperatures—these are among the many factors that could place an extra burden on your Honeywell thermostat. This added load might have even contributed to an increase in your utility bills.
Though the processes might differ between different Honeywell thermostat models, you can, fortunately, reset your Honeywell thermostat and have it back to its original state. Let’s take a look at the steps to reset some of the more popular models of Honeywell Thermostats. Just follow the simple step-by-step guide.
List of Honeywell Thermostat Models
In this article, we will cover the instructions for resetting the following Honeywell Thermostat models:
- Honeywell 8000 Thermostat
- Honeywell T5 Thermostat
- Honeywell 7000 Thermostat
- Honeywell 6000 Thermostat
- Honeywell 9000 Thermostat Pro Series
- Honeywell 4000 Thermostat
How to Reset Your Honeywell 8000 Thermostat
The Honeywell 8000 thermostat is a programmable thermostat equipped with an LCD screen that is 10 square inches in size and offers impressive performance and longevity levels. This Honeywell thermostat model is compatible with hydronic, traditional systems and any type of heat pump.
Here are the steps to performing a reset for the Honeywell 8000 thermostat:
- Set your thermostat to ON.
- On the screen, press the SYSTEM option.
- Hold down the blank center button for five seconds.
- Select the Reset to Factory Settings option.
How to Reset Your Honeywell T5 Thermostat
This model is easy to install and allows you to program your schedule into it, enabling it to adapt to your lifestyle’s demands. You also can reset several features on your T5 device, such as the schedule, Wi-Fi, and more. Here’s how to reset your Honeywell T5 thermostat’s schedule:
- Press MENU on the device’s screen.
- Press the left (<) or right (>) arrow until you see the RESET option.
- Press SELECT.
- Scroll through the options using the left or right arrows until you get to SCHEDULE.
- Touch SELECT and press YES to confirm.
To perform a complete Honeywell thermostat reset on your T5 model, all you need to do is:
- Press MENU on your device’s screen.
- Scroll through the list using the left or right arrows until you see RESET.
- After pressing it, scroll through the options, pressing SELECT when you find the reset option you want to perform.
- Press YES to confirm your choice.
How to Reset Your Honeywell 7000 Thermostat
The 7000 model is another excellent programmable thermostat from the Honeywell family. This device is compatible with heat pumps (with and without backup heat), heat, cool only, and more. Some of the more popular models within the Honeywell 7000 thermostat series include RTH7400, RET97D, and RTH7500.
Here’s how to reset this particular model:
- Set your thermostat to OFF.
- Turn your power OFF from your circuit breaker box.
- Remove the thermostat from its wall-plate.
- Remove the two AAA Alkaline batteries and insert them backwards, with the negative pole lines facing the positive terminal and the positive pole lines facing the negative terminal.
- Leave the batteries in this position for at least five seconds.
- Once the time has elapsed, remove the batteries and return them to the proper position.
- Your display should turn ON.
- Return your device to its wall-plate, and switch ON your power from the circuit breaker box.
How to Reset Your Honeywell 6000 Thermostat
The 6000 model is a Wi-Fi enabled programmable thermostat. With this model, to operate it over the internet, you’ll need to visit Honeywell’s registration page and sign up for an account. Once you register, you’ll be able to remotely control the temperatures and navigate the model’s various options.
Here’s how to reset your Honeywell 6000 thermostat model:
- Ensure that your device is ON.
- First, press and hold the FAN button.
- Without releasing the FAN button, press and hold the UP button.
- Hold these buttons together for five seconds before releasing them.
- Press the fourth button from the left until the number shown on the display changes to 39.
- Press the DOWN arrow key until the digit reaches zero, then press DONE.
- Once this final step is complete, you will see WI-FI setup blinking on your device’s LCD screen, which means you may now use your smartphone or laptop to connect to your thermostat and reconfigure it.
How to Reset Your Honeywell 9000 Thermostat Pro Series
This model utilizes state-of-the-art smart technology and comes with Wi-Fi-enabled features and a voice control gadget compatible with various home automation tools. This smart thermostat automatically determines if your home needs more cooling or more heating using its intelligent response technology.
The device is compatible with Amazon’s Alexa and also works with Google Assistant. Here are the steps to follow when resetting your Honeywell 9000 thermostat:
- Press the MENU button.
- Scroll down to PREFERENCES.
- Once selected, scroll down to RESTORE TO FACTORY DEFAULT.
- Select YES.
How to Reset Your Honeywell 4000 Thermostat
The 4000 model is another Honeywell thermostat model that utilizes smart technology in its operations and is perfectly compatible with radiant ceiling, baseboard, fan-forced, and convector-type heating systems.
Here’s how to go about it:
- Switch your thermostat ON.
- Press the PROGRAM button thrice.
- Take your wire or pointed object and insert it into the hole on the right side of the device’s buttons.
- Hold for two to five seconds, then release it.
- Your thermostat should have reset, allowing you to reconfigure everything.
Resetting Your Honeywell Thermostat
When it comes down to thermostat manufacturers, Honeywell has been a pioneer, always focusing on making thermostats that will offer residents the best quality on the market. Their reliability, durability, functionality, and ease of operation have made Honeywell thermostats a popular choice.
Thermostat resets are an unavoidable occurrence. If you have one of the models highlighted above, you no longer have to worry about performing a Honeywell thermostat reset.